[rt-users] Attachments table of RT's Mysql database

Boris Lytochkin boris.lytochkin at e-port.ru
Wed Aug 8 12:26:18 EDT 2007

> I think I was envisioning "ondisk" as a new encoding meaning "the
> content is the path to the attachment's content on disk (presumably
> named as a sha1 sum of its content) and not a prefox to the existing
> encodings. There's not much sense in storing stuff on disk in
> something other than raw binary format.

It's better to use my variant of attachment naming:
1) Attachment.Content = NULL, this saves disk space.
2) TransactionId.AttachmentId naming is familiar with download links in Web
interface.

So, your idea is to move selection of storage to
RT::Record::_EncodeLOB, where encoding format is selected.
But this function is used by ObjectCustomFieldValue_Overlay.pm, that
will be confused when it get 'ondisk'.

So, ContentEncoding seems to be not very good field to store 'ondisk'
flag since 'ondisk' means storage scheme, not encoding. Mixing it will
produce awkward result.

--
Best regards,
 Boris Lytochkin                            mailto:boris.lytochkin at e-port.ru