[rt-users] Re: RTx-Shredder 'ERROR: Can't locate object method "caught" via package "RTx::Shredder::Exception::Info"'

Ron Allred list-rt at neversleep.net
Sat Aug 11 19:06:15 EDT 2007

I found the solution to this on my RT3.4.  The object/ticket
RTx::Shredder was trying to purge, probably has more than 1000 rows in
the Transactions table.  This limit is imposed to prevent loops; and
destructive actions by the Shredder.

You can verify/test this in SQL with the following query:
SELECT count(*)
FROM Transactions
WHERE ObjectId=<object_id_Shredder_hangs_on>

If your count is > 1000 you will need to edit your RT_SiteConfig.pm file.

Add the line:
Set($DependenciesLimit, 5000);

(Where 5000 is greater than the line count of the item(ticket) in the
Transactions table.)

Remember to comment-out or remove this line after your shredding!

Regards,
Ron