[rt-users] maintainably tagging custom fields for CSS

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Mon Aug 13 10:05:10 EDT 2007

I see that in the create ticket page, the HTML for custom fields is tagged
with IDs for CSS like this:

This is (I believe) enough to allow CSS to be used to tweak the visual layout
of the ticket creation page without having to touch the RT code itself.

However, that '5' scares me. That's the ID of the custom field within the RT
instance, isn't it? That's not something I control. Is there a way to get RT
to generate HTML to identify fields to CSS by name? So that I don't have to
rely on the development systems being perfect clones, and never going out of
sync.

If not, is there a clean way to add this?

Nicholas Clark