[rt-users] Fresh Installation

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Wed Aug 22 15:05:04 EDT 2007

Am 22.08.2007 um 15:20 schrieb Tamer Tayea:

> Hi ,
>

> I am trying to build a new RT box.. I thinking about using
> installing RT 3.6.4  on RedHat Linux  AS or ES 4 Update 5 with
> MySql 5.0 ..
>

> Any issues I may run into if I use this combination..

I don't think RHEL4 comes with all the PERL modules needed to satisfy
all the dependencies.
Thus, you will have to install the missing ones via CPAN.

In the past, updates delivered by RedHat had the potential to hose
these CPAN-installed bits.
In fairness, I don't think this is the case anymore.
But as the wiki mentions, if you know a bit of FreeBSD, it's by far
the best platform to run RT on, and also the easiest to get it
running in the first place.

Are there any specific reasons why you would go with RHEL4?
I'd consider RHEL5 or CentOS5 (if FreeBSD is no-go), because they
come with MySQL5.0 by default anyway.
Or skip MySQL all together and go for PostgreSQL right away.

cheers,
Rainer
--
Rainer Duffner