[rt-users] Speed difference between superuser and others

Emmanuel Lacour elacour at easter-eggs.com
Fri Aug 24 05:20:36 EDT 2007

On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 04:59:48PM +0200, Emmanuel Lacour wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 12:29:03PM +0200, Emmanuel Lacour wrote:
> >
> > 1.49 is packaged at
> > http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/perl-DBIx-SearchBuilder/ since
> > yesterday, so I will try it ;)
> >

> I tested this last version without any performance improvement :(
>
> Rt is 3.6.3, with a backport of QueueSummary from 3.6.4

I found that the 90% of the time of the first RT acces with a non
superuser user is for checking ACLs of queues. It does about 800 SQL
requests for RT at a Glance (I have 189 queues, displayed three times
on RT at a Glance default page).

As the result, the first access take 5 minutes to display this page.

A second access use the session RT cache and take only 20 seconds (which
remains slow :().

We are using an oracle database (9.2.0.7.0). This database is on a
dedicated server with Gigabit connexion to the RT server.

We do not see any problem with databse performances, could this speed
problem be related to the fact that the database is on a différent
server (the database server as a ping of about 2ms from the RT server).

Thanks for any hints on solving this performance problem :(

--
Emmanuel Lacour ------------------------------------ Easter-eggs
44-46 rue de l'Ouest  -  75014 Paris   -   France -  Métro Gaité