[rt-users] Recurring signin with 3.6.4

Joop van de Wege JoopvandeWege at mococo.nl
Thu Dec 6 04:09:11 EST 2007

Kenneth Crocker wrote:
> Kenneth,
>

>     We are on Oracle 9 (soon going to 10) and RT doesn't seem to work
> well with Oracle for sessions. So we use the "file" method for storing.
> I would love to hear from anyone using Oracle on how they deal with the
> sessions table problem.
>
> Kenn
> LBNL
>
> On 12/5/2007 5:49 AM, Kenneth Marshall wrote:
>> Craig and Kenn,
>>
>> I am curious. What are your reasons for storing the session information
>> in a file and not in the database?

We tried it too, storing in the db, using Oracle XE (10g) but it doesn't
work somehow.
Since storing on disk does work and having a cron entry removing
everything older than a couple of days I don't mind being those files on
disk. There isn't any data in it which needs to be backuped up so I let
it be.

Joop