[rt-users] RT not generating email for CCs/AdminCCs

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Thu Dec 6 14:20:06 EST 2007

Matt,

	I think you're right about the understanding and the inconsistent
procedures as a result. Let's see if I can help:
	For the "QUEUE" an AdminCc or CC watcher will be recipients of email
notification IF there is a notification scrip where the action is
"Notify AdminCc, CC's...) or even spererate "Notify AdminCc", "Notify
CC" where the condition is whatever. When the condition is "On
Correspondence" it means email sent to/from that queue/ticket. "On
Comment" means when someone makes a comment on a ticket in said queue.
"On Create" and the others are self explanatory. "Others" (as an action
recipient) refers to a user that is added to the "cc" or "Admincc"
people portion of an individual ticket.
	What this means is, when you set up the queue, the users you identify
as the "Watchers" are ALWAYS going to get a notification on ANY ticket
IF and ONLY IF there is a notification scrip that applies to the
condition AND the action is to notify the watchers ("AdminCc" & "CC").
For any other person to get an email for said action, you need to have
those users added to the appropriate "PEOPLE" section of the specific
ticket AND have ANOTHER scrip for that condition with the action being
"Notify Others ...".
	What we do is have our "AdminCc" watcher function as the administrator
of the queue (be the person that monitors ticket
activity/ownership/resolution/granting groups privileges to the queue)
and set up notification scrips for when that person wants one, like "on
create" and "on resolve". If they want to know every time someone makes
a comment or sends an email to/about a ticket, then we set up a
notification scrip for "On Correspond" or "On Comment", with the action
set to "Notify AdminCc". Some Queue Admins don't want to be inundated
with email.
	I would recommend sitting down with your people and discuss exactly how
you want RT to be used and administrated and set up everything
accordingly, as a whole and queue by queue. Watch out for setting up
privileges redundantly. Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL