[rt-users] CFs in Templates?

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Thu Dec 13 15:22:59 EST 2007

JB,

	Here is a copy of a "Template" I use. In this template, I am grabbing a
Custom Field (named 'Description') and printing it in the body of an email:

Subject: Request Titled: "{$Ticket->Subject}" has been Rejected!

TICKET INFORMATION:
Ticket Queue  : {$Ticket->QueueObj->Name}
Ticket Number : #{$Ticket->id}
Ticket Subject: {$Ticket->Subject}
Ticket Description:
      {
      return $Ticket->FirstCustomFieldValue('Description');
      }
Ticket Priority is: {$Ticket->Priority}
Ticket  Created by: {$Ticket->CreatorObj->Name}
Ticket Created  on: {substr($Ticket->Created, 0, 10)}

	This "Template" could also serve as an example of how to just pull
different "Ticket" information and put it into an email. Take particular
notice of the blank line between the subject (a header) line and the
body of the template (I like to put in a dashed line, for effect). RT
has default header info and by using the name of the header line (i.e.
"Subject:") I am essentially overriding  that default. However, RT needs
for me to put a blank line between any header line overrides and the
body so it can tell the difference. Otherwise, it won't work. Hope this
helps.

Kenn
LBNL