[rt-users] RT stopped sending mail / No recipients found. Not sending.

Alexander Rudolf Gruber alexander.gruber at abaton.at
Wed Dec 19 03:22:26 EST 2007

*Hi Everyone,
*
I've got a serious problem with our RT installation, which has worked
smoothly for over 6 months and then stopped sending emails (any kind of
emails: corresponcende, cc, owner change notifications etc.)

The weird thing is that there where no prior changes in queues, no new
users and no modification of rights.

I've looked through the mailing archives of this list and found some
postings of similar problems but could not derive a solution for my case.

Here is a short snippet from /var/log/messages:

(The actual requester was replaced with "someuser at someplace.net")

Dec 17 16:44:53 rt RT: Ticket 450 created in queue 'Support' by
someuser at someplace.net
(/usr/share/request-tracker3.6/lib/RT/Ticket_Overlay.pm:755)
Dec 17 16:45:02 rt RT:
<rt-3.6.1-22185-1197906302-442.450-2-0 at rt.abaton.at> #450/6567 - Scrip 2
(/usr/share/request-tracker3.6/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:238)
Dec 17 16:45:02 rt RT:
<rt-3.6.1-22185-1197906302-442.450-2-0 at rt.abaton.at> No recipients
found. Not sending.
(/usr/share/request-tracker3.6/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:250)
Dec 17 16:45:09 rt RT: Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///)
at /usr/share/request-tracker3.6/lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm line 617.
(/usr/share/request-tracker3.6/lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm:617)
Dec 17 16:45:50 rt RT:
<rt-3.6.1-22185-1197906350-281.450-5-0 at rt.abaton.at> #450/6569 - Scrip 5
<rt-3.6.1-22185-1197906350-281.450-5-0 at rt.abaton.at> No recipients
<rt-3.6.1-22185-1197906350-281.450-6-0 at rt.abaton.at> #450/6569 - Scrip 6
<rt-3.6.1-22185-1197906350-281.450-7-0 at rt.abaton.at> #450/6569 - Scrip 7
<rt-3.6.1-22185-1197906350-281.450-7-0 at rt.abaton.at> No recipients
found. Not sending.
(/usr/share/request-tracker3.6/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:250)
Dec 17 16:45:50 rt RT:
<rt-3.6.1-22185-1197906350-281.450-15-0 at rt.abaton.at> #450/6569 - Scrip
15 (/usr/share/request-tracker3.6/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:238)
Dec 17 16:45:50 rt RT:
<rt-3.6.1-22185-1197906350-281.450-15-0 at rt.abaton.at> No recipients
found. Not sending.
(/usr/share/request-tracker3.6/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:250)

Global scrips:

	/(no value)/ <http://192.168.1.213/rt/Admin/Global/Scrip.html?id=1&Queue=0>
On Correspond Open Tickets with template Blank
	/(no value)/ <http://192.168.1.213/rt/Admin/Global/Scrip.html?id=2&Queue=0>
On Owner Change Notify Owner with template Transaction
	/(no value)/ <http://192.168.1.213/rt/Admin/Global/Scrip.html?id=4&Queue=0>
On Create Notify AdminCcs with template Transaction
	/(no value)/ <http://192.168.1.213/rt/Admin/Global/Scrip.html?id=5&Queue=0>
On Correspond Notify AdminCcs with template Admin Correspondence
	/(no value)/ <http://192.168.1.213/rt/Admin/Global/Scrip.html?id=6&Queue=0>
On Correspond Notify Requestors and Ccs with template Correspondence
	/(no value)/ <http://192.168.1.213/rt/Admin/Global/Scrip.html?id=7&Queue=0>
On Correspond Notify Other Recipients with template Correspondence
	/(no value)/ <http://192.168.1.213/rt/Admin/Global/Scrip.html?id=8&Queue=0>
On Comment Notify AdminCcs as Comment with template Admin Comment
	/(no value)/ <http://192.168.1.213/rt/Admin/Global/Scrip.html?id=9&Queue=0>
On Comment Notify Other Recipients as Comment with template Correspondence
	/(no value)/
<http://192.168.1.213/rt/Admin/Global/Scrip.html?id=15&Queue=0>
On Correspond Notify Owner with template Correspondence

Queue-Scrips:

    Scrips which apply to all queues

    * /(Scrip #1)/
      <http://192.168.1.213/rt/Admin/Global/Scrip.html?id=1&Queue=0>
      On Correspond Open Tickets with template Blank
    * /(Scrip #2)/
      <http://192.168.1.213/rt/Admin/Global/Scrip.html?id=2&Queue=0>
      On Owner Change Notify Owner with template Transaction
    * /(Scrip #4)/
      <http://192.168.1.213/rt/Admin/Global/Scrip.html?id=4&Queue=0>
      On Create Notify AdminCcs with template Transaction
    * /(Scrip #5)/
      <http://192.168.1.213/rt/Admin/Global/Scrip.html?id=5&Queue=0>
      On Correspond Notify AdminCcs with template Admin Correspondence
    * /(Scrip #6)/
      <http://192.168.1.213/rt/Admin/Global/Scrip.html?id=6&Queue=0>
      On Correspond Notify Requestors and Ccs with template Correspondence
    * /(Scrip #7)/
      <http://192.168.1.213/rt/Admin/Global/Scrip.html?id=7&Queue=0>
      On Correspond Notify Other Recipients with template Correspondence
    * /(Scrip #8)/
      <http://192.168.1.213/rt/Admin/Global/Scrip.html?id=8&Queue=0>
      On Comment Notify AdminCcs as Comment with template Admin Comment
    * /(Scrip #9)/
      <http://192.168.1.213/rt/Admin/Global/Scrip.html?id=9&Queue=0>
      On Comment Notify Other Recipients as Comment with template
      Correspondence
    * /(Scrip #15)/
      <http://192.168.1.213/rt/Admin/Global/Scrip.html?id=15&Queue=0>
      On Correspond Notify Owner with template Correspondence

    Current Scrips

/(No scrips)/

Templates:

	*Blank*
<http://192.168.1.213/rt/Admin/Global/Template.html?Queue=0&Template=1>
A blank template

	*Transaction*
<http://192.168.1.213/rt/Admin/Global/Template.html?Queue=0&Template=3>
Default transaction template

RT-Attach-Message: yes

{$Transaction->CreatedAsString}: Request {$Ticket->id} was acted upon.
Transaction: {$Transaction->Description}
Queue: {$Ticket->QueueObj->Name}