[rt-users] RT stopped sending mail / No recipients found. Not sending.

Alexander Rudolf Gruber alexander.gruber at abaton.at
Thu Dec 20 05:09:37 EST 2007

Kenneth Crocker schrieb:
> Alexander,
>

>     IT could be that RT isn't getting to the User table for some
> reason. The error message isn't saying it can't find a function or
> some module isn't responding. It is just saying that it can't find a
> recipient. Since recipients are (usually) some form of user, I would
> look into the DataBase to see if the users ARE there and if they are,
> is the DB down OR has the password for RT to use the DB changed, etc.
> Hope this helps.
>

> Kenn
> LBNL

Kenn,

please correct me if I got the concept of the RT wrong, but if that was
the case - RT having no access to the user-table due to a
misconfiguration - wouldn't that mean I would not be able to log in or
create any tickets / change owners etc?

Hmm - I just took up the hint and looked into the mysql-database
rtdb->Users and it seems there are all the people who ever opened a
ticket on the system.

Like this entry: (one of my own addresses)

| 2046 | alexander.gruber at gmx.at                        |
*NO-PASSWORD*                    | Autocreated on ticket
submission                                                       |
NULL
| alexander.gruber at gmx.at                        | NULL                |
NULL                                         | Alexander Rudolf
Gruber                             | NULL     | NULL  | NULL          |
NULL        | NULL                  | NULL              | NULL
| NULL       | NULL  | NULL           | NULL                    |
NULL                   | NULL       | NULL                          |
NULL     | NULL | NULL  | NULL | NULL    | NULL     | NULL   |       1 |
2007-12-12 11:11:02 |             1 | 2007-12-12 11:11:02 |

I also tried in RT Web-Interface:

  Users matching search criteria

Select a user:

    * alexander.gruber at gmx.at
      <http://192.168.1.213/rt/Admin/Users/Modify.html?id=2046>
    * alexander.r.gruber at jeranet.eu
      <http://192.168.1.213/rt/Admin/Users/Modify.html?id=104>
    * gruber <http://192.168.1.213/rt/Admin/Users/Modify.html?id=46>

/(Download as a tab-delimited file
<http://192.168.1.213/rt/Download/Tabular/User/682,2046,104,46/Users.tsv>)

/This seems to be okay - at least looks that way to me.

gruber is my RT-User and the other addresses are my own private ones I
used to test the system.

If I can provide any more information that could be helpful, please tell me.

Thanks!
Alexander R. Gruber

--

       Alexander Rudolf Gruber