[rt-users] Set started date upon opening+owning of a ticket

Jason Marshall jasonm at kelman.com
Fri Feb 2 11:28:36 EST 2007

> Depends on your workflow, but I can suggest one sane idea:
> * adjust "auto-open" to not open ticket when one of requesters send a
> message to new ticket, so messages like "oh, I forgot to add this
> info...." wouldn't open ticket

It currently behaves like your recommendation.  I replied to the autoreply
email, and it did not auto-open the ticket.  I don't think I did anything
special to make that happen -- perhaps it's the default?

> * create a scrip that opens a ticket when people take it and train
> your team to take things only when they start working on the problem

We tend to assign tickets when they're created, as few of our tickets are
created from emails from the user community (at this time, anyway).

Thanks for your help Ruslan -- I think I may be able to talk my boss into
accepting the current (default) behavior as "the best" behavior.

---
Jason Marshall, Unix Geek, Kelman Technologies, Inc., Calgary, AB, Canada.

   From a Sun Microsystems bug report (#4102680):
     "Workaround: don't pound on the mouse like a wild monkey."

   "I have great faith in fools:
      Self confidence my friends call it."  -Edgar Allan Poe