[rt-users] wap / mobile-device css/profile for rt?

Matthew Sullivan matthew at sorbs.net
Mon Feb 5 22:46:04 EST 2007

Harald Kapper wrote:
> fellow rt-users,
> as we're moving support-engineers more on the road, I wondered if anyone
> already has implemented stylesheets or reduced html / xhtml-mp / "whatever"
> pages in order to use request-tracker on wap/2.0 or similar
> small-screen-sized devices.
> (and yes office-users still should have the whole cool rt-3.6 view, they're
> used to)

Well I don't know about the CSS itself, but for getting it to your
mobile clients and not the office clients is easy.  Serve the
appropriate css file(s) via content negotiation (for apache see:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/content-negotiation.html ) or via
mod_rewrite when looking at the device type or user agent (See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_rewrite.html#rewritecond )

Regards,

Mat