[rt-users] absolutely minimal hardware requirements to run RT

Mariusz Stakowski StakowskiM at prokom.pl
Tue Feb 6 07:20:06 EST 2007

                                Hello list,

                I'm trying to convince my colleagues to use RT. I have
installed it on my home PC, so I can learn the RT. I would like to
demonstrate the RT at work, and here is my problem. All I can have as a
hardware is an old PC - Pentium II 233MHz, 128MB RAM, 20GB HDD.
So I have chosen :
Slackware 11 with:
Apache 1.3.37
 MySQL 5.0.24
sendmail.  8.13.8

I have installed
RT 3.6.1
and
mod_perl 1.27,

        Window manager - fcde, internet browser - seamonkey. It seems it
is capable to work, but it "normally" dies after home page and t it never
goes any further. Or it is extremely slow (even for me).
        All I want is to demonstrate basic  RT functionalities. I think
there would be no more than 100 of tickets and about five users. And the
response time could be about 5 seconds (or at least less  than  user
"patience limit" ). I have not done yet  any performance tuning.

So my question is - is it at all possible to make RT working in this way
on such hardware ? (I can not increase RAM - "upgrade of such an old PC is
too expensive")

I would greatly appreciate any help

Best regards

Mariusz Stakowski