[rt-users] Email ticket requests ...

Nicholas Whitehead Nicholas.Whitehead at morganash.com
Tue Feb 6 09:35:17 EST 2007

I have RT 3.6.3 installed on a Fedora Core 6 box

I have configured it to use Sendmail ....

All seems to work fine

When tickets are created from within RT, all the emails are sent
correctly to requestors, CC, CCadmins etc

I can send a mail from the server (where RT is installed) and get a
ticket created OK via echo 'hello' | mail -s "test subject" rt

However, the difficulty starts when trying to request a ticket from
outside the RT server (eg from our Exchange email system in the office.
The mails seem never to reach the RT system. This obviously is the same
when trying to reply from emails back to the ticket ..

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance