[rt-users] How to RT-admins handle mail loops (bounces)?

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Wed Feb 7 14:12:19 EST 2007

On Feb 7, 2007, at 8:02 AM, Tomas Olaj wrote:

> SSIA, ;)

mail loops or bounces? these are two different things.

mail loops should be handled by RT.  I tried to fake it by making a
custom scrip condition to throttle replies to the same address over a
period of time, but there is no place to stash a "last sent time" and
"number of messages sent" in a user record that i could find.  we've
had our share of autoresponder wars and have to manually intervene by
disabling the on create scrip.

as for bounces, I posted on the wiki in the contrib section details
of how I link them back to the originating ticket so you know when a
customer response failed.