[rt-users] 3.6.3 - reverting back to default query/results

Joe Casadonte joe.casadonte at oracle.com
Sat Feb 10 09:18:05 EST 2007

On 2/9/2007 4:49 PM, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 03:32:48PM -0500, Joe Casadonte wrote:
>> Is there a way in 3.6.3 for a user to revert back to the default query
>> and query results for the At a glance portlets?  Thanks!
>>

> Sure thing. There should be a "reset" button on their RT at a glance
> preferences page.

Thanks, though I'm not really sure if it's doing what I want.  I have
two users: A and root.  I changed A's query, then changed the default
query via root and tried to undo the default query change by pasting
back into the Advanced tab the original values that were there.  Then I
reverted user A with the reset button as you suggested.  I'm not seeing
the 'Take' link for either user A or root, though the column 'loc(Take)'
does show up for both of them if I edit the At a Glance via prefs.

A third user, to whom I added a column before I changed the default
query as root, still has the 'Take' link.

Hmmmm.....

The Take link only gets added to the format string if I add a column, in
  Search/Elements/BuildFormatString.  By pasting the original text in
under the advanced screen, did I by-pass the BuildFormatString?  The
original text I pasted back is:

'<a>__id__</a>/TITLE:#',
'<a>__Subject__</a>/TITLE:Subject',
'__QueueName__',
'__ExtendedStatus__',
'__CreatedRelative__',
'<a>__loc(Take)__</a>/TITLE:  '

I've already tried getting rid of the <a> & </a> but they keep coming
back....

If I get rid of the 'Take' link by changing the base query, how can I
add it back for those few users who need it?

Thanks for the help!

--
Regards,

joe