[rt-users] Custom fields for Queues

Torsten Brumm | Kuehne + Nagel torsten.brumm at kuehne-nagel.com
Mon Feb 19 02:43:35 EST 2007

Hi Olaf,

With the way you explain, you assign a CF to a queue, but in detail, you
assign it to the tickets inside the queue, not the queue itself.

What i have tried to explain is the ability to assign CF's to a queue in the
same way, you can do it to users and groups.

Torsten

On 16.02.2007 15:50 Uhr, "Olaf Hamann" <pooka at t-online.de> wrote:

> This might be a configuration question. (RT 3.6.1)
>
> After creating a custom field you have to assign it to any queue,
> otherwise it would not be seen there.
>
> This assignment can be done individually queue by queue.
>
> So I we have some CF created once and get used in all Queues, while
> other CFs (e.g.  Selectlist 'CPU' ) are created more than once with
> diffent values (one with 16bit-cpus  one with 32bit-cpus)
>
> Then assigned in Queue support-16bit only the 16bit-CF
>
> Does this touch your question? Or did'nt I understand your question.
>

> Regards,
> Olaf Hamann
>
> Torsten Brumm | Kuehne + Nagel wrote:
>
>> Thats something i asked for several time during the last 5 years ;-)
>>
>> I would like to have it!
>>

>> On 14.02.2007 16:02 Uhr, "Joe Casadonte" <joe.casadonte at oracle.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Would this be easy to hack in?  I haven't touched the schema at all, so
>>> I don't know what's involved....

With kindest regards

Torsten Brumm
Kuehne + Nagel