[rt-users] Problem installing HTML::TreeBuilder and HTML::FormatText

Mike Friedman mikef at ack.berkeley.edu
Tue Feb 20 16:47:18 EST 2007

I'm still trying to install the perl pre-reqs for RT 3.6.3 on Solaris 10
(see below).  In addition to the two modules HTML::TreeBuilder and
HTML::FormatText refusing to install, now I notice this when I run 'make
fixdeps':

   Text::Quoted 1.3...MISSING
     Text::Quoted version 1.3 required--this is only version 1.10 at (eval 71) line 2.

But the latest version of Text::Quoted at CPAN is 1.10!  Is the above
message correct?

I'm stymied.  This is Solaris 10 and I'm running on a 'virtual private
server', where I must install these modules in my home directory.  So,
I've set up my PERL5LIB environment variables to point to my own
~/lib/perl5, etc. directories and configured my CPAN parameters so that
PREFIX points to my home directory.

(Unfortunately, it appears that 'make fixdeps' doesn't honor these
settings, so I've been installing the 'MISSING' modules using the CPAN
module myself, which does honor them).

Because everything I'm installing goes under ~/lib and ~/share in my home
directory, I've been able to re-do this whole process many times, by
starting with fresh versions of these directories each time.  But I can't
seem to get the TreeBuilder and FormatText modules not to fail at least
one of their tests (see below) and also the above-mentioned problem with
the version of Text::Quoted still occurs.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Mike

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 at 11:08 (-0800), Mike Friedman wrote:

> I'm trying to install all the pre-reqs for RT 3.6.3 on a Solaris 10
> (x86) platform.  This is a clean RT install, not an upgrade.
>
> I've managed to get all the modules shown by 'make testdeps' installed,
> via CPAN (or already on the system), except for these two:
>
>  HTML::TreeBuilder
>  HTML::FormatText
>
> In the case of both of the above, I get the following messages (among
> others) during the install.  (After 'make fixdeps' failed to install
> them, I just tried to install them each manually, using the CPAN
> module):

> While running 'make test':
>
>  Wide character in print at /users/ist-rt/share/perl/5.8.8/Test/Builder.pm
> line 1192.
>  #   Failed test 'href should contain 'lang' (is:
> http://wherever/moo.cgi?xyz=123\342\214\251=en)'
>  #   at t/attributes.t line 25.
>       t/attributes........NOK 1# Looks like you failed 1 test of 1.
>       t/attributes........dubious
>       Test returned status 1 (wstat 256, 0x100)
>  DIED. FAILED test 1
>    Failed 1/1 tests, 0.00% okay

>   Failed 1/17 test scripts, 94.12% okay. 1/746 subtests failed, 99.87% okay.
>   *** Error code 29
>   make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `test_dynamic'
>     /usr/ccs/bin/make test -- NOT OK
>   Running make install
>     make test had returned bad status, won't install without force

Mike Friedman                        IST/System and Network Security
mikef at ack.Berkeley.EDU               2484 Shattuck Avenue
1-510-642-1410                       University of California at Berkeley
http://socrates.berkeley.edu/~mikef  http://security.berkeley.edu