[rt-users] Google Summer of Code

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 16:11:19 EST 2007

Jesse Vincent wrote:
> I'd love to submit RT to Google's Summer of Code this summer.  It's
> probably time to start brainstorming projects.
>
> What would you like to do/see done as part of a RT summer of code project?

It might take more than a summer, depending on how close-coupled you try
to make it, but I'd love to see a connection between RT and opennms
(http://www.opennms.org/index.php/Main_Page) so that network problems
could open RT tickets automatically (that could probably be done by
email now), and from the ticket you would have a link to the opennms
node and asset info and history. One complication would be how to do
this in a way that would still make sense if you delete network nodes or
start over again with a new opennms database.   A link to a twiki page
using some convention for naming would be nice too.

--
   Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com