[rt-users] RT 3.6.3 - WebURL not Expanding for Ticket Display

David Gohara sdg0919 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 09:44:37 EST 2007

On Jan 2, 2007, at 8:21 AM, Matthew Keller wrote:

> On Tue, 2007-01-02 at 08:06 -0600, David Gohara wrote:
>> $SearchArg->{'Query'}  =~ s/__CurrentUser__/$session{'CurrentUser'}-
>>> Id/ge;
>> $SearchArg->{'Format'} =~ s/__WebPath__/$RT::WebPath/g;
>> $SearchArg->{'Format'} =~ s/href=\"\/Ticket/href=\"$RT::WebPath\/
>> Ticket/g;
>> $SearchArg->{'Format'} =~ s/__loc\(["']?(\w+)["']?\)__/loc("$1")/ge;
>
> I can't tell if the patched line is wrapped because of the mailer,
> or in
> the code- regardless, it shouldn't be. Also, you may need to restart
> your webserver (Apache I assume).

   Each $SearchArg statement was a single line. I restarted apache
after adding in those lines and it still didn't take (I also made
sure to empty my cache just to be certain).

> I have mixed success with making
> component changes and having them live. If that really isn't fixing
> the
> problem, the other solution listed in my initial remedy note is the
> _RIGHT_ solution, and that's changing the template in the database.
> Note
> that when looking at the template in the database, it may well be
> base64
> encoded, and thus look like "garbage", just base64decode it and
> it'll be
> clear where the problem is.

   The only place I see a reference to "Search - My Tickets" is in
etc/initialdata. Since I'm not familiar with RT on the back end
(again this system was just handed to us), I'm not certain if this is
the file I should edit or not. I recall in looking through the
install manuals that this is for the initial setup of the system. If
this isn't the correct database file, could you be so kind as to
point me to where I can find the correct file?

   Also, what tool would I use to base64 decode the database if
necessary?

   Thanks again for your help,

Dave

David W. Gohara, Ph.D.
Center for Computational Biology
http://www.sbgrid.org
http://www.macresearch.org
314-362-1583 (phone) <=== NEW New Number
617-216-8616 (cell)