[rt-users] Dev & Prod RT

Ryan Hardester ryan.hardester at ci.tracy.ca.us
Thu Jan 18 15:29:29 EST 2007

Well right now I am running 3.6.1 on prod and my new dev is 3.6.3 and
accessing the old database. I'm assuming this works because there are no
major changes. When I move the 3.6.3 to prod i'll update the database.
My bigger concern is when i go to add things to the interface, or
generally muck around in RT :)

I want to be able to put succusful changes to the dev or bring prod back
to dev if i hose something.

for larger updates I'm guessing I'd actually make a prod DB then mess
with it and when I am happy with replicating the process i'd do it on
prod, then make dev match prod and tweak there again.