[rt-users] Dev & Prod RT

joby joby at u.washington.edu
Fri Jan 19 15:05:07 EST 2007

I strongly recommend using some sort of version control.  Our RT
installation is the combination of 8 separate projects stored within an
SVN repository:

1) rt/bp: the best practical RT distribution + some RTx extensions.
2) rt/cac/html: the local/html directory
3) rt/cac/lib: the local/lib directory
4) rt/conf/status: config directives for development level (Develmode)
5) rt/conf/db: config directives for database connection
6) rt/conf/base: remaining configuration directives
7) rt/bin: some management scripts (mostly run from cron).
8) rt/perl: the perl installation that rt uses

Then our milestones are a combination of specific releases of each
project.  Being able to easily revert to a previous milestone has saved
our ass a couple times.

jbw