[rt-users] URI::_generic problem with 3.6.3

Darren Ellis darren at mepad.net
Thu Jan 25 10:04:41 EST 2007

Hi All,

I have created a problem that I can't solve yet.  I installed RT
3.6.3 on to a CentOS 4.4 box.  Apache starts and runs.  When I create
a ticket, I get the below error though the ticket gets created.
Attempting to Take or Open the ticket generates the same error.
Updating the ticket starts the update, but generates the same error
when the Update button is pressed.  I've pasted in sanitized
supporting information below the error.

Thanks for any help/advice you can offer.

Darren Ellis

error:
Can't locate object method "host" via package "URI::_generic" at /opt/
rt3/lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm line 194, <DATA> line 1662.
context:

190:

191:
# If the user is coming in via a non-canonical
192:
# hostname, don't redirect them to the canonical host,
193:
# it will just upset them (and invalidate their credentials)
194:
if ($uri->host eq $server_uri->host &&
195:
$uri->port eq $server_uri->port) {
196:
$uri->host($ENV{'HTTP_HOST'});
197:
$uri->port($ENV{'SERVER_PORT'});
198:
}

code stack:
/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm:194
/opt/rt3/share/html/Ticket/Display.html:164
/opt/rt3/share/html/Ticket/Create.html:301
/opt/rt3/share/html/autohandler:292
raw error

/etc/httpd/conf.d/zrt.conf
==========================
# zrt.conf.
# Apache2 configuration for RT.
#
# Darren G. Ellis, Maine Phone and Data
# On contract for Web Engineering.
#
# Modification History
# 20070119: Copied from zpolgara.conf on polgara.mepad.net
#
# Last modified DGE 20070119

NameVirtualHost 192.168.100.20:80

<VirtualHost 192.168.100.20:80>
         ServerName mail.COMPANY.com
         DocumentRoot /var/www/html
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 192.168.100.20:80>
    ServerName rt.COMPANY.com
    DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html
    AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

    # these four lines apply to Apache2+mod_perl2 only: {{{
    PerlSetVar MasonArgsMethod CGI
    PerlModule Apache2 Apache::compat
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteRule ^(.*)/$ $1/index.html
    # }}}

    PerlModule Apache::DBI
    PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl

    <Location /REST/1.0/NoAuth>
         satisfy any
         allow from all
    </Location>
    <Location /NoAuth>
         satisfy any
         allow from all
    </Location>

    <Location />
         Options Indexes FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlHandler RT::Mason
    </Location>
    <Location /NoAuth/images>
         SetHandler default-handler
    </Location>
</virtualhost>

[root at server rt-3.6.3]# make fixdeps
/usr/bin/perl ./sbin/rt-test-dependencies --verbose --install --with-
mysql
perl:
         >=5.8.3(5.008005)...found
users: