[rt-users] Mysql to Postgres Problems

Mario Gomide mariogomide at agricultura.gov.br
Fri Jan 26 17:03:04 EST 2007

Hello list!

I used to use RT-3.4.1 on MySQL and I´m trying to migrate to RT-3.6.1 on
PostgreSQL 8.1.
I´m having some problems with the database import process.

I get the same errors many times:
ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8":
and
invalid input syntax for integer: ""
Can I just change the value to NULL where the value is empty?

I have noticed that most of my data was imported...

First of all I begin a new RT 3.6.1 installation, then I follow these
instructions (http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?MySQLToPg).
That is: Dump from mysql is done:
mysqldump -u user -p mydatabase > dumpfile.sql
I edit this dumpfile leaving it only with INSERT INTO lines and removing
everything related to the sessions table.
Then on my new installation, I access the DB and DELETE FROM each table.
After that, I do:
psql -h localhost -f dumpfile.sql newdb

After that I run the make upgrade process.

I hope you can help me out.
Thanks

Mario Gomide