[rt-users] [repost] Performance-Bug in SelfService when updated from 3.6.1 to 3.6.3

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 16:27:22 EST 2007

On 1/28/07, Dirk Pape <pape-rt at inf.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> Hi Jesse,
>
> --Am 27. Januar 2007 03:36:24 -0500 schrieb Jesse Vincent
> <jesse at bestpractical.com>:
>
> > I haven't seen it. It _does_ look like htat query is qgetting built
> > wrong.  I wonder if changing the search to be Watcher = rather than what
> > it is now would make it all better.
> >

> you are right. Switching to Watcher instead of ( Requestor, Cc, AdminCc )
> helps.
>
> But I had the same problem with users that build queries with the search
> form, that behave bad in the same manner.
>
> Why is this search so badly translated into SQL?
Because it's not easy to write down complete translator. Just think about:
Requestor = X
Requestor != X
Requestor IS [NOT] NULL
Requestor = X AND Requestor = Y
Requestor = X OR Requestor = Y
Requestor = X AND Requestor != Y
That's not that easy to build query with minimal number of joins and
get rid of left joins where it's possible.

I have an idea how to do it, but that may require complete rework of
ticketsql subsystem.

> Dirk.

Best regards, Ruslan.