[rt-users] [repost] Performance-Bug in SelfService when updated from 3.6.1 to 3.6.3

Gilmar Santos Jr gilmarsantosjr at safernet.org.br
Tue Jan 30 14:33:56 EST 2007

Hi Torsten,

I think these parameter are most important:

key_buffer          =  16M
join_buffer_size    =  32M
innodb_buffer_pool_size =  256M
innodb_log_buffer_size  =   32M
innodb_log_file_size    =  128M

The last 2 affects the recovery time and write speed. Higher values provides
better writing performance and greater crash recovery times.

Maybe you will have problems if you modify "innodb_log_file_size". I had to stop
the server, change the configuration, remove the ib_log* files and start the
server again. Sometimes, according to some docs, it doesn't work...

You can try at least 2 GB to "innodb_buffer_pool_size". MySQL save some useful
information about innodb. The less "page faults" the better performance ;)

Good luck,

--
Gilmar Santos Jr