[rt-users] Can somebody help/tell me: how i can conf. Exim4 to work with RT?

Scott Courtney scott at 4th.com
Sun Jul 1 10:46:14 EDT 2007

On Sunday 01 July 2007 08:10, Rafał Kamiński wrote:
> Can somebody tell me how i can configure Exim4 to work with
> Request-Tracker version 3.6? I want to send email to helpdesk at domain.com
> and it could be deliver to helpdesk queue.
>
> I read wiki and some wpage, but i can find good tutorial to do this.
>
> Thanks for help.

What I've done isn't officially supported by the RT team, but rather than
having a static aliases list for the RT correspond and comment addresses, I
have Exim4 do a direct MySQL query of the RT queues, and route appropriately.

This works great if your Exim4 installation is handling relatively light (a few
thousand messages an hour, rather than tens of thousands) load, but may not
scale up to a large "carrier grade" installation without some tweaking.

Let me know if this is of interest, and I'll be glad to share my
config file fragments. The only caveat I need to offer is that my life is
extremely busy right now, so I don't have time available to help much with
troubleshooting. I'm not trying to be mean, just realistic about my current
project workload for the job that pays the rent. :-)

Scott