[rt-users] Searching Custom Fields is case sensitve

Kevin Squire gentgeen at linuxmail.org
Mon Jul 2 15:07:57 EDT 2007

Hoping that reposting this on a Monday will be more productive then my earlier post, please forgive my double posting, but "the bosses" are looking for an answer and I don't have anything for them.

I had a very unexpected result the other day.  I did a search for the
phrase "admin" in one of our custom fields.  The result was 0.  When I
did the search for the phrase "Admin" in that same custom field, I got
tons of results.

The custom field is an "enter one value" and the user can put in
titles: "Administrative Asst." or "Finance Manager" etc.

Since none of the other searches I have done showed to be
case-sensitive, this was a surprise.  My other searches have been on
subject, email address, etc (the standard fields).

I am using PostSQL, RT 3.6 all on a Debian Stable machine (used the
Debian repo. for install).

Is this an "expected" result?  Can I turn it off anywhere?

--
http://gentgeen.homelinux.org