[rt-users] Forcing Status Changes

Mario Gomide mario.gomide at agricultura.gov.br
Fri Jul 6 12:56:57 EDT 2007

Hello list,

I am trying to set RT to work allowing or denying certain custom statuses.
For example, I have the "X" custom status and whenever a ticket has this
status, the next status can only be "Y" or "Z", but it cannot be "A".

I read the foruns and I'm still not sure if it can be done by crating
scrips or by modifying Ticket_Overlay.pm (or any other file).

Actually, I've started creating scripconditions that check the current
status, but now I have to create the scripactions that compare the next
status with the active status, and then it will take some action: if it
isn't a possible status change, then go back and warn. If it is a
possible status change, go ahead and change.

Has anyone tried to do this? Is there any other easier way? Is there
something done, like forcing the status changes?

Thanks a lot!
Any suggestions are welcome!

Mario Gomide