[rt-users] 3.6 HOWTO create a new right?

Ole Craig ocraig at stillsecure.com
Tue Jul 10 13:05:44 EDT 2007

    I'd like to create some new rights within RT 3.6 (currently running
3.6.0, but moving to 3.6.4 as soon as I can find time to test the
upgrade.)

    Here are the rights I'm thinking about; can anyone suggest where I
should be looking to get started, and/or holler at me if I'm obviously
misunderstanding the RT rights paradigm? (Alternatively, if something
like this stuff is already being worked on in 3.7, I'd love to hear
about it... :-)

    The need behind this is to enable various people within our OEM
partners to view the tickets that have been created by other members of
their respective organizations, without being able to see (for instance)
tickets created by other OEMs.

SeeGroupTickets
ShowGroupTickets
ReplyToGroupTickets

SeeGroupTickets:
        A Principal with this privilege enabled for a particular group
        can list tickets where any Requestor is a member of the group on
        which the right has been granted and the Principal has the
        SeeQueue right for the queue in which the tickets reside.

ShowGroupTickets:
        A Principal with this privilege enabled for a particular group
        has the ShowTicket right for tickets where any Requestor is a
        member of the group on which the right has been granted and
        where the Principal has the SeeQueue right for the queue in
        which the tickets reside.

ReplyToGroupTickets
        A Principal with this privilege enabled for a particular group
        has the ReplyToTicket right for tickets where any Requestor is a
        member of the group on which the right has been granted.

	Thanks,
		Ole

--
/Ole Craig