Antw: Re: [rt-users] Users seem to be created automagically

Stefan Marx Stefan.Marx at SCHOBER.DE
Fri Jul 13 09:15:15 EDT 2007

>>> <jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com> schrieb am Fr, Jul 13, 2007 um  2:50  in
Nachricht
<OF1EB8F502.BE8FB7C4-ON86257317.00462859-86257317.00468489 at pgtv.com>:
> Stefan, in a nutshell, this is the default behavior of RT.  Users
get
> created when added as CC to a ticket, or when some 'outside' user
creates a
> ticket via email.

okay. No problem. How do I convert them into 'real' users?

> But those users are disabled by default - they don't have
permissions.  The
> reason you don't see those users in the drop-down list is because you
need
> to select 'include disabled users in search' at the bottom of the
screen.

No. I find them in only 1 or 2 places, and never in the normal users
list, regardless if I enable the view of disabled users.

> I don't think you can delete those users other than removing them
manually
> from the DB - but I don't think that would be a good idea.  There is
no
> reason to delete them in the first place.

The problem is, sometimes people get cc'ed, and after a while, when
they get more involved, they are created as real users. But then their
email-address can not be filled in, because it is already existent
somewhere in the database. As a workaround I have manually manipulated
those address-entries of the automatically created users in the database
directly.  Not very cool, I know.

Best regards, Stefan