[rt-users] config to drop one specific requestor domain from responses

Ian Norton i.d.norton at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 12:59:58 EDT 2007

Hi Calvin,

> We're taking email from a call centre into queues but want to prevent RT
> from autoresponding to requestors @ the call centre's domain.  I've been
> all over Google and have tried using mailertables but this results in no
> email being issued at all.  The queues' (auto)response will contain
> cc:'s for registered watchers, so they need to see the autoreponse in
> order to reply, just minus requestor at domain.  Has anyone any idea at all
> re how to set this up?  I'm quite inexperienced with sendmail and
> procmail so something as near as possible to directly usable would be
> greatly sppreciated.

If you are purely trying to prevent the auto reply going back then you
simply need to modify the AutoReply scrip to use a custom condition
rather than the default.

I use a custom condition similar to the following:

<snip>
    # Addresses we don't want to auto replies to.
    my @addresses = ('requestors at domain.com');

    if($self->TransactionObj->Type eq "Create") {
        # Check to see if this address is exempt
        foreach my $a (@addresses) {
            if(lc($self->TicketObj->RequestorAddresses) eq $a) {
                return 0;
            }
        }
        return 1;
    }

    return 0;

</snip>

Might be worth tweaking it to be a regexp compare, then you can put
more interesting things in @addresses such as the whole domain or
indeed whatever takes your fancy.

I have two scrips rather than the default one to ensure that Ccs get
the autoreply too:

On CustomCondition Notify Ccs with template Autoreply
On CustomCondition Autoreply To Requestors with template Autoreply

Hope this helps, or points you in the right direction.

Regards, Ian.