[rt-users] Change from FastCGI to fcgid

jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com
Wed Jul 18 12:43:00 EDT 2007

Compiling stuff on Solaris and making it work is always difficult at best.

James Moseley

             mailing list
             <sunlist at yahoo.co
                                       jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com
             07/18/2007 11:31                                           cc
             AM                        rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com,
                                       rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractica
                                       l.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [rt-users] Change from FastCGI
                                       to fcgid

I've untar fcgid in /usr/local/apache2, follow the INSTALL.txt and it seems
be compiling.  However, now when attempting to stop/start apache...

# /etc/init.d/apache2 stop
Stopping Apache2 Server
Syntax error on line 242 of /usr/local/apache2_0_58/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache2_0_58/modules/mod_fcgid.so into server:
ld.so.1:
httpd: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/local/apache2_0_58/modules/mod_fcgid.so: symbol apr_shm_remove:
referenced
symbol not found

This CGI stuff is throwing me a loop.

Mike

--- jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com wrote:

> I sent this example rt.conf yesterday in another topic (change paths if
> necessary):
>
> LoadModule fcgid_module modules/mod_fcgid.so
>
> # Use FastCGI to process .fcg .fcgi & .fpl scripts
> # Don't do this if mod_fastcgi is present, as it will try to do the same
> thing
> <IfModule !mod_fastcgi.c>
>      AddHandler fcgid-script fcg fcgi fpl
> </IfModule>
>
> # Sane place to put sockets and shared memory file
> SocketPath run/mod_fcgid
> SharememPath run/fcgid_shm
>
> # Main instance
> Alias /rt/NoAuth/images/ /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/
> ScriptAlias /rt /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
>
> Get rid of:
>
> FastCgiServer /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout 120
-processes
> 10
>

> James Moseley

Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail,
news, photos & more.
http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC