[rt-users] RT on Oracle Database.

Joop JoopvandeWege at mococo.nl
Thu Jul 19 02:50:06 EDT 2007

Deepika Bhatia wrote:
> All:
>
> I am looking for the script which would create all the database objects
> of RT in Oracle. Can someone please tell me where can I find them.
Its part of RT, you'll need to add --with-db-type=Oracle to your
configure options.
The following, all on one line, is from my config.log:
./configure --with-web-user=www-data --with-web-group=www-data
--with-rt-group=rt3 --with-db-type=Oracle --with-db-dba=rt_user
--with-db-database=XE

The --with-rt-group is only needed if you don't  use the default of
'rt', the --with-db-database=XE is the tnsnames alias of your Oracle DB,
in my case it is XE because we use Oracle XE with RT, but it could be a
database on your company database farm and then you'll need to point
your tnsnames.ora to it. Ask your Oracle DBA ;-)
The following is part of a document that I'm currently making for
installing a RT VirtualMachine using OracleXE

The following  is needed because
1) makes installing rt easier ;-)
2) makes DBD::Oracle happy when installing, can be removed afterwards
     * sqlplus /nolog
     * connect system
     * create user rt_user identified by rt_pass
       default tablespace USERS
       temporary tablespace TEMP
       account unlock;
     * grant connect,resource,dba to rt_user;
     * create user scott identified by tiger
       default tablespace USERS
       temporary tablespace TEMP
       account unlock;
     * grant connect,resource,dba to scott;
     * exit sqlplus

== RT Installation ==
     * adduser rt
(    * su - rt)?
(    * cd /home/rt)?
     * wget http://download.bestpractical.com/pub/rt/release/rt-3.6.4.tar.gz
     * wget
http://download.bestpractical.com/pub/rt/devel/RTIR_M3/RTFM-2.2.0RC6.tar.gz
     * wget http://atwiki.chaka.net/at-1.2.3.tar.gz
     * edit .bashrc and add  Oracle ENV  or source oracle_env.sh
(The VM is rather stripped thats why the aptitude installs)
     * aptitude install make
     * aptitude install gcc
     * aptitude install automake
     * aptitude install libgd2-noxpm-dev
     * aptitude install man
     * aptitude install libexpat1-dev
     * run cpan
     * answer the questions
     * tar zxf rt-3.6.4.tar.gz
     * cd rt-3.6.4
     * ./configure --with-web-user=www-data --with-web-group=www-data
--with-rt-group=rt --with-db-type=Oracle --with-db-dba=rt_user
--with-db-database=XE
     * make testdeps | grep MISSING ( a lot!)
     * make fixdeps (Cancel on mod_perl-1.30 with CTRL-C)
     * make fixdeps (Solved the MISSING)
     * cpan Apache::DBI (is missed by make fixdeps)
     * cpan Apache::DB (my extra for debugging RT with Komodo)
     * make install
     * make initdb
Finished!

Joop