[rt-users] Couldnt open File 'sessions.MYI' in /opt/rt3/var/session_data

Greg Petras gpetme at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 13:01:06 EDT 2007

Scott -

Throw in some error checking - it can't hurt. Also, do a check to see
if the MySQL database is online (you never know) before trying to back
up the database within. Here's an example:

/path/to/mysqladmin --user=$USER --password=$PASS ping | grep "mysqld
is alive" >/dev/null 2>&1
if [ $? = 0 ]; then
   echo "alive"
else
   echo "dead!"
   exit 1
fi

Use the "if [ $? = 0 ]" after all of your commands (ie smbmount,
mysqldump, etc) to check for errors. You may also want to do a 'rm -f'
instead of just 'rm'.

Just my two cents. Hope this helps.

Greg