[rt-users] Grant ModifyTicket but not allow to send Reply

David Svejda david.svejda at netfriends.cz
Thu Jul 26 10:05:49 EDT 2007

David Svejda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as far as I understand, acl rule ModifyTicket somehow includes the
> ReplyToTicket permission.
>
> Is there any possibility to grant users or groups to ModifyTicket (so
> they can move tickets from Queue to Queue or change the Status etc.) but
> still to prevent them from posting a Reply (ReplyToTicket)? I want to
> grant ReplyToTicket only to selected users/groups.
>
> I was trying but haven't found any suitable ACL rules combination. Is it
> in principle possible or it will require some core programming?
>
> I'm using RT 3.6.4 with RTFM 2.2.0RC5
>
> Thank you for any advice or pointing me to the right direction.
>

> David

I think I got it :) In Update.html on line 174 changing from

$CanRespond = 1 if ( $TicketObj->CurrentUserHasRight('ReplyToTicket') or
                     $TicketObj->CurrentUserHasRight('ModifyTicket') );

$CanRespond = 1 if ( $TicketObj->CurrentUserHasRight('ReplyToTicket') );

will do the trick. I know it's not perfect solution, but it works. Maybe
it helps someone in future.

David