[rt-users] RT not connecting to database?

John Oliver joliver at john-oliver.net
Thu Jul 26 13:44:27 EDT 2007

On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 10:26:08PM -0500, James Moseley wrote:
> I will still suggest you download the source and run 'make testdeps' on the
> box you are trying to get RT working on.

[root at rt3 rt-3.6.4]# make testdeps | grep -v found
/usr/bin/perl ./sbin/rt-test-dependencies --verbose --with-mysql
$VAR1 = {
          'with-STANDALONE' => 0,
          'with-MASON' => 1,
          'with-MAILGATE' => 1,
          'with-CORE' => 1,
          'with-CLI' => 1,
          'v' => 1,
          'with-DEV' => 0,
          'with-MYSQL' => 1
        };
perl:
users:
CLI dependencies:
CORE dependencies:
        Text::Quoted 2.02...MISSING
        Text::Autoformat ...MISSING
        Module::Versions::Report 1.03...MISSING
                Module::Versions::Report version 1.03 required--this is
only version 1.02 at (eval 33) line 2.
MAILGATE dependencies:
MASON dependencies:
        Text::WikiFormat 0.76...MISSING
        XML::RSS 1.05...MISSING
MYSQL dependencies:

SOMETHING WAS MISSING!

So, no missing MySQL-related items.  I can't help but think that the
ones shown as missing couldn't possibly have anything to do with RT not
connecting to the database.