[rt-users] Default password

John Oliver joliver at john-oliver.net
Tue Jul 31 16:47:06 EDT 2007

On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 01:33:32PM -0700, John Oliver wrote:
> The default password 'password' isn't working for me (do I have a black
> thumb of death or what? :-) ).  I haven't been able to find anything
> about resetting it.

I found http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/RecoverRootPassword
However... it doesn't help :-(

mysql> update Users set Password='X03MO1qnZdYdgyfeuILPmQ' where
Name='root';
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
Rows matched: 0  Changed: 0  Warnings: 0

mysql> UPDATE Users SET Password='X03MO1qnZdYdgyfeuILPmQ' WHERE
Name='root';
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.01 sec)
Rows matched: 0  Changed: 0  Warnings: 0

0 rows affected sounds like there is no username "root"?