[rt-users] Question regarding group rights configuration semantics

Ole Craig ocraig at stillsecure.com
Fri Jun 15 13:21:18 EDT 2007

(3.6.0)

Dumb, basic question, if I got it wrong I don't understand how it's
possible for my RT instance to be functional at all, but now I'm
worried...

If I'm in Configuration->Groups->[group name]->Group Rights, where it
says "Modify group rights for group [group name]....

am I modifying the rights that [group name] has over each listed role or
group in the comboxes?

Or am I modifying the rights that each listed role or group has *over
[group name]*?

For instance, if in that screen I see that the 'EditSavedSearches' right
under "Everyone" is granted -- does that mean that [group name] can edit
the saved searches that show up for the "everyone" role? Or does it mean
that "Everyone" can edit [group name]'s saved searches?

	Thanks,
		Ole

--
/Ole Craig