[rt-users] Create drop down list with customer names

Tommy Abrahamsson tab at secu.dk
Sat Jun 16 10:50:48 EDT 2007

Hi

I'm trying to create a drop down list when creating a new ticket. The value of the drop down list is supposed to be filled into a CF (this part I haven't gotten to yet).
I've taken inspiration from the Ticket/Create.html and Elements/SelectOwner, but I can't quite figure out the meaning of the Elements pages. I'm no perl expert - far from, but I've tried to put together a few lines in a new file Elements/SelectCustomer. But when I call it from the Create.html page, I just get a bunch of errors.
Any help on how I can proceed with this?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Tommy Abrahamsson

Errors:
Error during compilation of /var/www/rt3/Elements/SelectCustomer:
Useless use of push with no values at /var/www/rt3/Elements/SelectCustomer line 75.
Type of arg 1 to push must be array (not hash element) at /var/www/rt3/Elements/SelectCustomer line 75, near "})"
Global symbol "@assetcustomers" requires explicit package name at /var/www/rt3/Elements/SelectCustomer line 50.

SelectOwner:
<SELECT NAME="<%$Name%>">
%if ($DefaultValue) {
<OPTION <% !$Default ? "SELECTED" : '' %> VALUE=""><%$DefaultLabel%></OPTION>
%}
%foreach my $AssetCustomer ( @assetcustomers) {
<OPTION <% ($AssetCustomer->Id == $Default) ? "SELECTED" : ''%>
%if ($ValueAttribute eq 'id') {
value="<%$AssetCustomer->id%>"
%} elsif ($ValueAttribute eq 'Name') {
value="<%$AssetCustomer->Name%>"
%}
><%$AssetCustomer->Name()%></OPTION>
%}
</SELECT>
<%INIT>
my @objects;
my %assetcustomers;

my $assetobj = RTx::AssetTracker::Assets->new($session{CurrentUser});
$assetobj->FromSQL('Type = "Customers" AND Status != "retired"');

while (my $asset = $assetobj->Next)
{
push ($assetcustomers{$asset});

}