[rt-users] Incoming mail stuck in MTA

jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com
Thu Jun 21 11:38:36 EDT 2007

Those deferred messages should be in:

/var/spool/clientmqueue

Simply take a look at the files to make sure they are the emails in
question, then delete them.  In other odd cases, they may have ended up in
one of the directories under /var/spool/postfix - but those directories are
used for temporary processing of mail - ie, an email might appear in the
'bounce' directory, then gone in the next second.

James Moseley

             "Jeff Platter"
             <jplatter at vortexi
             t.net>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  <rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com>
             rt-users-bounces@                                          cc
             lists.bestpractic
             al.com                                                Subject
                                       [rt-users] Incoming mail stuck in
                                       MTA
             06/21/2007 10:25
             AM

I’m using Postfix with a Cent OS install on my RT 3.6.3 box. I recently
setup a bunch of new queues and accidently had a typo on one of the queues
in the /etc/aliases file. I sent a test email to that queue and obviously
it errored out since no queue of that name existed. I fixed the problem in
my aliases file and all is well with the world except that I keep getting
an error in my maillog because the mail gate keeps trying to process this
message that can’t be delivered to a queue that doesn’t exist.

Where can I find this message and delete it on the system?

Thanks,
-Jeff