[rt-users] Report for Tickets Resolved "Last Month"

Ole Craig ocraig at stillsecure.com
Fri Jun 22 13:06:07 EDT 2007

    I needed something similar for "<day of week> before last" so that I
could say "show me all tickets where ("resolved > Sunday before last"
and "resolved < last Sunday") to get at tickets resolved last week,
regardless of what day I ran the search. (My Mondays are not generally
conducive to quiet reflection on the previous week's activity. :-)

    I ended up hacking the necessary into Time::ParseDate, which is what
RT uses to parse out "natural language" dates. It was actually a pretty
simple change; the diff was about 15 lines. Dave Sharnoff (the package
author) was kind enough to accept a patch at some point so it's now part
of the stock Time::ParseDate.

    Perhaps you could look at doing something similar: adding semantics
for "this month", "last month", and "next month" to return a date entity
corresponding to 00:00:01 on the 1st of the appropriate month?

	Cheers,
		Ole