[rt-users] Google Summer of Code

Brian Gallew geek+rt at cmu.edu
Thu Mar 1 01:07:45 EST 2007

Jesse Vincent wrote:
> I'd love to submit RT to Google's Summer of Code this summer.  It's
> probably time to start brainstorming projects.
>
> What would you like to do/see done as part of a RT summer of code
> project?

Better RTx::Shredder integration, with some built-in useful operations
such as "purge all users that are not referenced by any
tickets/attachments/transactions/etc", one-button validations of
*everything*, and so forth.

A global scrip repository.  Right now you have global scrips and
per-queue scrips.  Wouldn't it be nice if, when you set up a new queue,
that instead of writing a bunch of "new" scrips that are identical with
some of the scrip used elsewhere, you can just select them (kind of like
group membership: these queue execute this scrip)?  Sure, I could write
*all* my scrips as global scrips and then put queue-name tests in them,
modifying them each time I add a queue, but that seems to be an
unnecessary risk.

Integration and clean-up of the RTx::Report(s) module.  Reports are fun!