[rt-users] Requestor can't see outgoing mail in Self Service

Gene LeDuc gleduc at mail.sdsu.edu
Fri Mar 2 14:18:08 EST 2007

Thanks for your reply on this, Joe.

At 09:03 AM 3/2/2007, Joe Casadonte wrote:
>On 3/1/2007 3:16 PM, Gene LeDuc wrote:
>
>>Is this a bug or expected behavior?  Have I given the Requestor role the
>>appropriate rights?
>
>Just eyeballing it, it looks OK.  Have you tried turning on debugging and
>looking in the log?

Debugging is on, but there's nothing useful in the log.  What should I be
looking for?  Here's what gets logged when my unprivileged requestor logs
in and tries to display an outgoing e-mail:

[Fri Mar  2 18:46:29 2007] [info]: Successful login for user at mydomain from
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (/opt/local/share/html/autohandler:256)

That's it.  It's only logging the successful login, none of the actions
taken after the login.  There are other [debug] level entries in the log,
mostly about parsing dates, but nothing related to this user displaying
ticket data.  From Configuration>Tools>System Configuration:
RT::LogDir /opt/local/var/log
RT::LogToFile debug
RT::LogToFileNamed rt.log
RT::LogToScreen error
RT::LogToSyslog debug

I also tried setting the ShowOutgoingEmail right globally for both
Requestor and Unprivileged, but no joy.

>>2.  Another question, only vaguely related: Is there a way for this
>>unprivileged user to change the random password he was assigned?
>
>I think they need to modify self privilege to do that.

Thanks for that, I wasn't thinking globally.  I had to set the mod_self
right for Unprivileged, setting it for Requestor had no effect.  I guess
Requestor rights do not trump Unprivileged rights.

--
Gene LeDuc, GSEC
Security Analyst