[rt-users] Upgrade from 3.0.2 -> 3.6.3, easy as 3.14159?

Steve Huston huston at astro.princeton.edu
Mon Mar 5 13:12:32 EST 2007

Tomorrow I'm going to be upgrading our RT server, and at the same time
will finally upgrade RT itself (we've been dealing with the "truncated
attachments" issue long enough, and I finally have more than just that
as a reason to upgrade :> )

Since 3.6.3 is in Fedora Extras, I'll just install the RPM for that, but
I'm curious about the database.  Downloading the source for 3.6.3 and
reading the UPGRADING file, it looks as though there's no change to the
schema?  Am I correct that simply restoring the DB on the new machine
and pointing the new RT to it will be sufficient?

Thanks!

--
Steve Huston - W2SRH - Unix Sysadmin, Dept. of Astrophysical Sciences
  Princeton University  |    ICBM Address: 40.346525   -74.651285