[rt-users] Can't create new tickets, new problem

jmoseley at pgtv.com jmoseley at pgtv.com
Wed Mar 7 15:16:43 EST 2007

Which Solaris patches were installed?  Have you tried backing out of them?

James Moseley

             "Steve Holmes"
             <sholmes42 at mac.co
             Sent by:                  "RT Users"
             rt-users-bounces@         <rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com>
             lists.bestpractic                                          cc
             al.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       [rt-users] Can't create new
             03/07/2007 02:15          tickets, new problem
             PM

My install of RT 3.6.1 (on Solaris 10, mysql 5.0.22) has been working very
nicely for several months. We only have about 80 tickets, but we have been
able to create tickets with no problems both in the web interface and via
email. That is, until today. Now I get:

 error:   Transactions not supported by database at
          /opt/perlsite/lib/site_perl/5.8.7/sun4-solaris/DBI.pm line 1668.

 context:

          1664:
                      sub begin_work {
          1665:
                      my $dbh = shift;
          1666:
                      return $dbh->set_err(1, "Already in a transaction")
          1667:
                      unless $dbh->FETCH('AutoCommit');
          1668:
                      $dbh->STORE('AutoCommit', 0); # will croak if driver
                      doesn't support it
          1669:
                      $dbh->STORE('BegunWork', 1); # trigger post
                      commit/rollback action
          1670:
                      return 1;
          1671:
                      }
          1672:

 code     /opt/perlsite/lib/site_perl/5.8.7/sun4-solaris/DBI.pm:1668
 stack:   /opt/perlsite/lib/site_perl/5.8.7
          /DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm:720
          /opt/rt3/lib/RT/Ticket_Overlay.pm:564
          /opt/rt3/lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm:446
          /opt/rt3/share/html/Ticket/Display.html:103
          /opt/rt3/share/html/Ticket/Create.html:300
          /opt/rt3/share/html/autohandler:279

when trying to create a ticket on the web. I get similar, but slightly
different errors from an email attempt. I've searched the archives and the
wiki but any mention of the keywords here are from 2002 or so.

I checked the rt3.Transactions table on the mysql server it it is INNODB.
Are there other tables to check?

I haven't modified RT or the mysql server at all in many weeks. However,
Solaris patches were applied last night. Unfortunately, I can't see
anything has changed in the RT or the mysql install. And SearchBuilder is
up to date according to CPAN.

Appreciate any ideas of where to look.

Thanks,
Steve Holmes