[rt-users] 3.6.3 - Cleaning Sessions

Joe Casadonte joe.casadonte at oracle.com
Thu Mar 8 08:14:10 EST 2007

On 3/7/2007 4:06 PM, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> The default for RT on Oracle (which I presume you're running ;)

I had this running initially with MySQL but the second time I started it
up, the hard drive started spinning faster and faster and the heads rose
up and then plunged into the disks, spewing magnetic grey matter all
over the interior of the box.  At the same time, red lights started
flashing in the server room and blast doors fell, locking me in.  A
camera descended from the ceiling and started panning across the room,
searching.  I hid under the desk, whimpering.....

 > is to
> store sessions on disk, due to some historical bugs in Apache::Session's
> oracle support. (Though I believe they're now resolved)

Can I simply delete old files?  If I have persistent sessions enabled
via cookies for, say, two weeks, could I simply and safely delete all
session files older than 15 days?

--
Regards,

joe
Joe Casadonte
joe.casadonte at oracle.com

== The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not ==
== necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation.               ==