[rt-users] Only disabled General queue available in 'New ticket in' dop down box

justin at brighton.ac.uk justin at brighton.ac.uk
Fri Mar 9 07:56:21 EST 2007

Hi all!
We're new to RT and it looks amazing!

We have two problems. I've searched the Internet to no avail and I even
have the RT Essentials book.

Firstly I created two new queues and disabled the default General queue.
The root user's RT home page the "New ticket in" drop down box only
shows the General queue! (same with the quick ticket creation drop down
box).
Privileged users cannot select even the General queue - there are no
queues to select.
I've added the SeeQueue right to both new queue's Group Rights (as well
as CreateTicket and ReplyToTicket) as RT Essentials instructs.

Secondly despite the General queue being disabled I can still create a
ticket in this queue. Is this normal behaviour?
This may not be an issue if the first problem above is resolved so we
don't have the General queue on the list of available queues to create a
ticket.

Many thanks,
Justin