[rt-users] Workflow question: RT on both ends of a ticket

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 14:14:02 EDT 2007

Kenneth Crocker wrote:

>> The fun starts when we want to run a workshop at our own venue:
>> Following the plan above, our RT system ends up on both ends of the
>> ticket. Ideally the workflow process would be the same whether we're
>> using our venue of one elsewhere, but at the moment our team have to
>> treat these tickets differently (tickets are linked
>> refers-to/referred-by and you have to check both for the full picture).
>>
>> I've kind of resigned myself to run a separate RT for our venue
>> management operation - then the two RTs can talk to each other. I'd also
>> considered writing something to rewrite the headers to fool RT into
>> thinking it was talking to a separate RT instance - though I don't know
>> how hard that would be.
>>
>> Does anyone else have a suggestion to smooth out this abnormality in our
>> workflow?
>>

 >     Are all these tickets in the same Queue? I don't understand why
 > using different Queues wouldn't work.

I think he has separate queues but wants the email response going out of
one of the queues to be accepted back into a different queue where it
will reach the right people.  If you had different RT instances you
could find the different RT names in the subject line and each could
have different ticket numbers, but I don't think there is a handy way to
do this in a single instance.  You can manually move the ticket into the
right queue before responding (if you have rights to do both), but then
it becomes a special case instead of just replying.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com