[rt-users] Slow RT

Joop JoopvandeWege at mococo.nl
Thu Mar 15 08:06:23 EDT 2007

Alain Sips wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> We are having trouble with slow queries for a long time already. We are
> using RT 3.4.5 (but planning to upgrade to RT3.6).
> Also we are using mysql 5.0.15.
>
> Some of our tickets are rather long, and those can take up to a minute
> to load.
> The slow query option of sql is turned on and this under this mail is a
> snippet of it. The first one out of it takes 24 seconds, the last one
> even 237 seconds.
Thats not bad considering the fact that the database is scanning all of
the content column for the wildcard %cpe%. What is killing your
performance is the fact that there is a % infront of the cpe which means
the database can't use any indices.
At our site I have disable this pre/post pending of wildcards. If
someone wants to search for %cpe% then he/she knows  that he/she is in
for a (long) wait.
This behaviour can be switched off by patching searchbuilder.

Joop